Thursday, August 4, 2011

OZ: Remember this?


It's been a while huh? Well it seems that the OZ passion project will be making a comeback. Between my last OZ post and now I've gone through quite a journey. Along the way I've made a lot of progress in terms of furthering my design skills. Its been very enlightening, and no doubt it will effect the look of my OZ interpretation, but I feel the hiatus was a necessary step. Now that I am at least somewhat free, I've made the decision to finish this painting. I'ts been laying about in my studio with a piece of glassine covering it. I've shown it to a few fellow illustrators all of which tell me its time to finish it but I geuss with this one I was biting off more than I could chew when I started it. I needed to learn something first. It took a while, I had plenty of distractions that kept me from working, but those days are over. I've been focused on my work now for a good stretch... Its time to finish it once and for all. You can check out the progress of the piece in the December 2010 Archives. It's about 3/4 of the way there. I definitely want to get back to working on other OZ Illustrations. I also want to play with some of the character designs as well, but not to worry, The Wind in the Willows will still be a priority. You can also check out the Illustration page on my site. I've added a few more images, and no doubt I will add more from my back log of sketches. Thanks for looking, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment