Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goings On...

WOW so much to update. A ton of things have cropped up lately. For one I am developing a story for a children's book. It's still in the very early stages, but it looks promising. It initially started as a portfolio building exercise but it is slowly taking on a life of its own. I will post a few of my sketches here soon.

Besides that, I was recently asked to head visual development for a Stop-Motion short. So far I have been designing characters for the film. Designs for the two lead characters have been approved and I am finishing turns so the characters can be sculpted in clay. I will also be responsible for designing the foreground/background elements, props, and other peripheral characters. YES I have my work cut out for me, but I am having so much fun working with these guys! Judging by their last film, they are two very talented and dedicated artists in their own right. Once we are further along I will post a few of the designs. Out of respect for the production, I am keeping things on the "down-low" for now.

With that, I'll leave you with a quick sketch/speed (Photoshop) painting I did recently. This is an homage to Chris Sanders ("Lilo and Stitch," "How To Train Your Dragon"). I've always admired his work so I thought I would try my hand at some Sanderesque appeal! :) I know it may be wishful thinking, but I hope "How To Train Your Dragon" wins best animated film!



More to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment